Thursday, October 14, 2010

Who is Russell Brand? and Other Entertainment Observations.

Who is Russell Brand and why is he popular? I am sorry I still expect performers to be attractive. And I suspect his accent is put on. The Queen doesn't talk like that and neither does Helen Mirren. The most frustrating thing about him is the fact that even though he repulses me I find myself staying tuned in while he is on. Explain that to me. Maybe I am just jealous because he is so thin.

I do not however want to see him in the remake of Arthur. I didn't like the original with Dudley Moore either and Liza always makes me jittery.











I just realized he is actually attractive until he opens his mouth. Shouldn't people have more teeth than gums unless they are over 90?
















I have tried (although not very hard) to understand the appeal of Modern Family. I don't find the gay couple groundbreaking. In fact they seem a little stereotypical to me. I only want to see attractive gay people on TV or at least attractive straight people like Eric McCormack  portraying them. These two do not count. 







I don't find Rico Rodriguez funny either. I hate precocious children. Take off the hat. You are trying way too hard, kid.







My favorite new show of the season so far is The Defenders. I was never a John Belushi fan so of course I never paid much attention to his brother,Jim. I never caught one episode of Life With Jim. But I love him and Jerry O'Donnell in this show. I always love shows set in Las Vegas. There is always the chance you will see a glitzy showgirl passing by.  

If I ever got in trouble in Vegas they are exactly the kind of lawyers I would want on my side. They seem like the type of people you could meet in a cheesy Las Vegas lounge. Of course I have never been allowed into a cheesy Las Vegas lounnge. The bouncers don't let people who play the I Love Lucy or Wizard of Oz slots inside.


I have never understood the appeal of Jennifer Aniston, Phillip Seymour Hoffnman or Ricky Gervais.







I would however like to see more of Niecy Nash, Joan Cusack and Adam Haufman, who may not be very well known but I loved him in a little TV movie called Loving Leah.






But the best entertainment development of the past year has to be the return of Joan Rivers. Well she never really went away did she? Thank goodness, I say.

She was the subject of a fabulous documentary this summer, Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work, She is back on E! every Friday evening with Fashion Police, where she regularly shocks her young co-hosts with her wonderfully offensive observations. This is quite an achievement when you realize that one of her co-host is Kelly Osbourne. Anyone who can shock someone who grew up with Ozzy has accomplished the near impossible.

If you aren't watching this show you are missing some of the best standup comedy on television. (which Joan delivers sitting down)  The things some celebritites wear out in public these days makes perfect fodder for Joan. I also hear she and Melissa have a new reality show slated for WE this January.

I love her and hope she lives forever. From the loooks of things her nose is going to collapse from too much plastic surgery before she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment