Saturday, October 9, 2010

If You Serve it Through a Drive Through Window Shouldn't it be Fast?

I am really wanting some Hardee's hand breaded chicken tenders but quite frankly  I am afraid to go through their drive through again. I admit it I got a little testy the last time I ordered some.

It was about 9:30 one evening, a time of day I had no business eating fried chicken no matter how lightly it was hand breaded. That is not my point however. My point is I ordered these at what had been a fast food restaurant a few years ago.

I pulled up to the speaker and ordered. Only one car was ahead of me but still I waited for what seemed forever. I wrongly assumed that since I had waited so long for them to fill the order of the car ahead of me that by the time I got to the pick up window my strips would be ready. Wrong!

"How are you this evening?" the cheerful but misguided attendant asked me.

"I would be a lot better if I didn't have to wait forever for three chicken strips." I replied curtly, somehow expecting an apology. None was forthcoming. Not that I could blame her. The age of  "the customer is always right" apparently ended around the same time as  the last original episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show aired.

Instead of an apology she informed me testily that they took six and a half minutes to cook.

"You need to close you're drive through then," I informed her after the long waited for chicken strips were safely settled on the seat beside me and drove away.

Now I am afraid to go back.....EVER.
  
When I go through  a drive through I want my food immediately. I would prefer that I not even have to stop. I would like them to install some of those coin collection baskets like you see on the toll roads.  Then I can toss my money into them as I cruise past shouting out my order. I will leave my window rolled down and you can just throw my food into the car. I will honk to let you know I caught it as I drive off. Now that's what I would call service!

No comments:

Post a Comment