Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Beautiful Day in Washington

I was hoping that the beautiful October weather we had here in Sparta would spread as far as Washington for the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear yesterday and it was. When I first started watching the coverage they weren't showing a wide shot of the crowd but when they finally did it was clear the size was impressive. The reports this morning are anywhere from 150,000 to 300,000. With so many news organizations banning their workers from attending that makes it even more remarkable since we know the media is filled with liberals.

I didn't know  how Jon Stewart was going to pull the rally off but he did. The music was great. Most of the bits worked well. At times it was like listening to one of those spots on Sesame Street where they try to teach kids how to get along. Unfortunately that seems to be a lesson the nation (or at least the media) needs to be reminded of.

I was really impressed with the signage at the rally as well. Sharing some of my favorites here.

This sign isn't the most profound but it sure was pretty. I was impressed with how well behaved everyone seemed. I hate crowds so I'm sure I would not have been as cheerful as most people there but then again it was free.















I think this was my favorite sign of the day. He could have gotten even more points if it had been lettered more carefully. This guy just impresses me by his good nature. It's nice to see a mellow demonstration.


I have to admire this person. I am not sure I could carry this sign in good faith but it is a goal worth aspiring to.








In the spirit of the rally I would have to respectfully disagree with her. I don't find anything funny about
Fox, not even when Glenn is wearing his clown suit.




















I love the fine print on this one. (click to enlarge)  And for a jacker he sure has good good computer graphic skills (or whatever he used to create this) Very professional looking.





What a refreshing point of view. Points off for spacing and sizing though.










This pretty much sums up the tone of the rally. I kept expecting them to bring out Rodney King. Can't we all just get along? I think this rally proved that nice can make good TV too.



Now Vote! Even if you disagree with me. Despite my recent misgivings about James Madison our Constitution works pretty well. Got to love that free speech thing even if when we disagree with someone's point of view. I am talking to you, Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment