Monday, October 18, 2010

No Wonder The Talk is Vapid.....It's Filmed in L.A.

I can't say I looked forward to The Talk, the new CBS talk show with a lot of anticipation. I have enough to disagree with watching The View. Daytime TV is my life.

They aren't trying to hide the fact that they are copying The View although I believe they have said this show is going to focus more on family issues. They got right to it showing clips of all of the co-hosts' children. Gag, gag, gag, gag, gag. Don't call me when one of them gets kidnapped.

A Spanx wearing Christie Brinkley took time off from filming infomercials for her first sit-down interview in years. She claims she only started wearing Spanx recently and is so active she has rarely sat in years, even exercising when she does her hair and makeup. (That's a lot of exercise!)  

She looked great but someone forgot to tell her it wasn't a fashion shoot. She kept posing, pulling her sweater down to reveal her fabulous shoulders at every opportunity. Everyone knows the shoulders are the last to go.

But thanks to Christie I finally found the cause for stupidity. She is a vegetarian. Well obviously then there must be something about red meat that sends oxygen to the brain.


Later she claimed her daughter who is now a spokesmodel for Prell shampoo got no help inside the modeling industry landing the job. "It just happened," Christie claimed. Maybe she thinks we are all vegetarians too.

Marrissa Jaret Winokur is their Mom-on-the-street. Her first topic? How to talk to your kids about sex. First she interviewed therapists who all advised her to use clinical terms for body parts when talking to children about the topic.

She didn't like this advice so she went out on the street to ask real parents. The clip showed only parents that used nicknames for penis, vulva and vagina. And we wonder why this country is in trouble? People, people!

Later the panelists all discussed it and most admitted that they were unwilling to talk to their kids about sex. They were perfectly willing to discuss it among your children on national TV however.

Even though I didn't like her much on The Celebrity Apprentice Holly Robinson Peete seemed the most reasonable on this topic, insisting that the proper terminology be used. The hysterical Leah Remeni was the most off base explaining how she prefers the term cupcake over vagina when talking to her daughter. 

I may never be able to eat at the Cupcakery again. (Forget that....I will just avoid the strawberry ones......something I always do anyway)

.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see it, but I was sure you'd have something surly to say about Sharon Osborne. Are you losing your touch????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a comment about her sitting on the sofa in the Lotus position and Sarah Gilbert being barefoot (Very L.A.) but cut them because I thought the piece was too long. I bet you are shocked that I actually edit these posts arent you?

    ReplyDelete