Monday, December 27, 2010

More and Less for 2011 (part 3)


And on we go......

I want to see more Tim Gunn and less Michael Kors on Project Runway this year. I would have said I wanted to see less of Nina Garcia as well but she recently got ousted from Elle magazine and is now working at whatever something called Marie Claire is so I figured she needed a break. (See....I do have a heart)  I would also like to see more of Heid Klum but if she wears her skirts any shorter we are going to see Seal's next offspring before he does.

Tim is perfection. When they expanded the show to ninety minutes last year it seemed to give the producers an opportunity to show more of his lighter side, like the time he cracked up in the workroom over the fuzzy balls one designer wanted to add to a garment.

Michael on the other hand is just too damn prissy for me. If he calls another outfit matchy-matchy I am going to lodge an official protest. My mother told me not to wear more than three colors at one time, Michael and she was a fashion goddess!  But it is his love of "separates" that bore me beyond belief. That's the way we ended up getting a winner like Gretchen instead of Mondo last season. I know Michael has made a fortune off his line of separates. I don't care. So have Jaclyn Smith and K-Mart. And despite the fact she was my favorite angel, I don't think anyone other than the ladies on The View are going to mistake Jaclyn Smith for  a designer any time soon.




I want to see more of the Good Wife and less of American Idol. Actually It's not possible for me to watch much less of American Idol than I already do. I am surprised this show ever became popular. It always seemed cheesy to me. But then if I knew anything about the music industry my CD shelf would have something on it besides show tunes.

The Good Wife is currently my favorite scripted show. I am also riveted to the television when  the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills are on  but I am positive nothing on that show is planned in advance. They always just happen to run into one another at the salons to have their manicures, don't they? Oh and look, there's the film crew!

The Good Wife has the best cast on television. Julianna Margulies, Christine Baranski, Chris Noth, Alan Cumming, Josh Charles (who it took me an entire season to realize was handsome.....that's the way it is with those sensitive guys sometimes). I can't believe I am actually rooting for him to get the good wife instead of Mr. Big.

It's also fun to see which actor or actress that Larry and I have seen on stage in NYC pop up for a guest role, like the time last season when Karen Olivo from In the Heights started dating, Josh Charles' character.

The only trouble with this show is that you actually have to sit down and watch it. If you try to multi-task you are going to miss something. if it weren't for Kalinda, Alicia would never get the client cleared of the charges they're facing and I would have no idea what was going on in the episode.

1 comment:

  1. As always a GOOD post! Keep 'em coming. I am not particularly fond of Heidi though, she is "OK". But like the other judges are from time to time, I think she is too much of a smart alec - ha! THANKS for sharing! And "The Good Wife" is a VERY good show, I agree.

    ReplyDelete