Saturday, December 4, 2010

Burlesque

Larry and I are off to see Burlesque this evening. I am anxious to see it. The critics on Rotten Tomatoes didn't care for it too much but audiences loved it. Who knows I may even become a Christina Aguilera fan.

It's supposed to be a shameless display of glitz. No wonder the critics won't admit they like it. Do these people dress in tweed constantly?

I remember how shocked people were when they realized Cher could act. It didn't surprise me. She had done a lot of characters during the run of the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour and her own variety series. I have always believed that comic acting is a lot harder than dramatic acting. Lots of comic actresses have made successful transitions to dramatic acting including Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett. But not many serious actors can develop comic timing.

And there were all those characters she created for album covers and photo shoots. The only character she hasn't revealed is a Cher that looks her age. She and her plactic surgeons really took the title to If I Could Turn Back Time seriously.

As Jim J. Bullock said in The Eyes of Tammy Faye, "After the Apocalypse only three things will remain; Cher, cockroaches and Tammy Faye."




No comments:

Post a Comment