Monday, December 27, 2010

Flocked Trees




I rarely get the urge to sing How Great Thou Art (I guess I had to watch too many Billy Graham Crusades when my Baptist  grandmother was babysitting me) but I did get the urge on Christmas Day as I was driving to Paducah. Just outside Sparta on rte 154 the Christmas Eve snow we had this year had flocked everything beautifully.



The trees lined the road on both sides. It was absolutely beautiful, not much traffic, a quiet Christmas drive through a winter wonderland. I just kept murmuring to myself, "Oh my God.... oh my God." Finally, I came to my senses realizing How Great thou Art was not an appropriate Christmas selection so I  popped the Bette Midler Cool Yule CD instead into the player instead. Bette pulled through like the trouper she is and added just the right soundtrack to my drive. (until she got to that Hawaiian Christmas tune of hers)

No comments:

Post a Comment