Friday, December 31, 2010

More and Less for 2011 (last one....I promise)


I want to see more Katy Perry and less Russell Brand, though I must confess I don't listen to her songs until Darren Criss remakes them on Glee. There is nothing like a Christian girl that isn't afraid to show off what God gave her.


It looks like she has started to dip into another hot starlet's wardrobe. Yes, I am talking about Dame Edna. She used to have an eyelash dress too. I wonder if Katy's can wink like Dame Edna's could. I am sure it can't. If Katy's bodice starts winking you can guarantee the FCC is going to start collecting some pretty hefty fines.

Please less Russell Brand. He has an XM radio station now. I don't mind hearing him so much if I didn't have to look at him. His remake of Arthur is coming out this year. Sorry, Russell I didn't think that movie was funny the first time.




I want to see more of the Old Spice Guy and less of those"And I'm a Mormon" commercials. No. I take that back. I don't want to see any "And I'm a Mormon" ads. The Mormons had a perfectly fine public awareness campaign from  the guy that started the Men on a Mission calendars. It was working for me. And what did they do? They excommunicated him. They have no sense of humor.


I hope Old Spice sticks with their guy. Sexy, funny and self-deprecating are a great combination. It's always worked for me. I don't understand why Gillette hasn't called me. Surely they have a line of shower products targeted to the over 50 set they need a spokesman for. After all, I shower. They will have to catch me on  a Saturday night though.




And finally and I know this will surprise you all, I want to see more of Kate Gosselin. That's right. I want to see more of Kate Gosselin. Kate makes me feel good about myself. No matter how many people I lie to, how much I fail to report on my tax return or how many little old ladies I cut in front of at Walmart to get that handicapped parking spot I know there is someone out there more opportunistic than I, someone willing to go on Dancing With the Stars and never once move her feet, someone who is willing to pimp out her offspring for a buck. How many of us wish we could profit from our children? After all why have them if you can't spend their appearance fees? Forget saving up for their college educations, Kate. They are going to need that money for rehab and intense psychotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment