Friday, December 10, 2010

Maybe McDonald's Should Just Close Their Dining Rooms.

Maybe McDonalds should just close their dining rooms. None of their food is good enough to sit and savor anyway and they only install the most uncomfortable seating even in the restaurants that have had a McCafe overhaul.

That whole McCafe thing has me steamed anyway. No one is going to mistake a McDonald's for a Starbucks. I guess the executives at McDonald's corporate headquarters saw somebody else making some money and couldn't stand it.

I had forty-five minutes for lunch today and didn't want any of the forms of grease available on the school's ala carte food line so I decided to head to McDonald's for a different kind of artery clogging fare. When I arrived the drive-through was backed up all the way past the front of the building. It was a warm day so I decided to try and buck the trend, park my car and run in to get my carry out meal.

Please somebody shoot me if I ever try this again. McDonalds like all other fast food restaurants must put a priority in filling their drive-through orders. (you would never suspect this if you were in the drive-through line of course)

It's lunch. They're busy but they still have only one person taking orders inside and no one assigned to fill them apparently. This despite the fact they have a sign in plain view declaring that the delivery time for food at the front counter is fifty seconds. It makes you wander where they buy their stop watches. They sure aren't using Swiss timepieces. They are so intent on not letting the drive-through back up (too late) that they have left dining room (and I use that term loosely) abandoned.

I don't need this. If  I  had wanted to be ignored I could have gone  back to  the class where I was substitute teaching.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy, Gary! That's a fine bit of ride you're in up at top. So...three things. Maybe four,, but, who's counting, right?
    #1 Do you have to carry a shovel around with you as you cruise town in the wagon?
    #2 Don't you find it dangerous to drive a horse through a place that serves meat products? I mean, some folks EAT horses...("I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday,and I think it's starting to turn" O Brother, Where Art Thou)
    #3 You live close to a fellow we know in Sparta. Or at least around Sparta. (I always hear about how that's where they filmed In The Heat of the Night)
    #4 well, I guess I'm the one counting.
    HA!
    OK, for the grins about the horse ride and the long wait, here's a Law I try to follow when considering fast food restaurants. Hope you like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifkRwmc0bGA

    d=^))

    ReplyDelete