Sunday, December 5, 2010

Boy do Those Hollywood Types Know Their Target Audiences or Not?

Larry and I went to see Burlesque last night and as we were leaving the theatre I said, "I would see that again!" Not that it was a great film mind you, it wasn't, unless you like predictable fluff, which it was. But sometimes I just want to go see a nice movie about nice people.

Cher is about to lose her burlesque club and  Christina Aguilera moves in with a guy that is already engaged. But there is never a doubt for one moment that Christina isn't going to get the guy and that Cher is going to get to keep her club. Come on. She's Cher for heaven's sake. The only reason the club is in danger in the  first place is to give her an excuse to sing her Act II ballad.

I thought I might become a Christina Aguilera fan after seeing this movie and I did. I was just waiting to make sure she could belt out  showtunes before I committed.

Christina  should hire whoever put her looks together for this movie to dress her and make her up daily. She looks great all through the film except for the one scene where she lets Cher do her makeup....makes you wonder if Cher really liked her......

But the real reasons to see this film are the men. Stanley Tucci, god love him plays another of his wonderful gay roles.
I  got to see him naked on Broadway  in Frankie and Johnny in the Claire de Lune a few years ago and he did make quite an impression on me even from the balcony. He is basically just doing his same shtick from the Devil Wears Prada here but he can keep right on doing it as far as I am concerned. I love the fact that he doesn't have that smooth chested thing going on. He is a man. He has hair on his chest. Go Stanley!

And then there is the lovely and talented Cam Gigandet. Who am I kidding I have no idea if he has talent or not. I was too busy staring into his eyes, made up with lots of eye liner. I have decided to start wearing it myself. I won't look like Cam but at least I can have something in common with him.

None of the girls really get naked in this film. We don't even see any T and very little A. Not that I or anyone else who is going to go see a Cher movie cares. This move was for gay men. So of course the only one who gets naked is Cam. The scene where he finally seduces Christina Aguilera features a charming strip tease. It was funny and cute. However, I am boycotting Famous Amos Cookies from this date forward since they were the only thing standing between Cam and Christina when he finally bared all to her, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment