Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who is MIchelle Obama Kidding?

I am afraid. I am very afraid. I am afraid that in her quest to find a project worthy of her position as First Lady Michelle Obama is going to start messing with my Twinkies, Ho Hos, Cupcakes and Ding Dongs. Today she proudly announced that Walmart has agreed to start selling healthier foods at lower prices today.

Michelle has obviously never shopped at Walmart. Sure they will lower prices on some of Michelle's pet foods (none of which she bothered to serve up at her state dinner last night. The menu included rib eye steak, creamed spinach, double stuffed potatoes and apple pie ala mode for a total of 2441 calories.) After Walmart lowers those prices you can be sure to bet they will raise prices on Hershey Bars, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Milky Ways. I live in a Walmart town. I am forced to shop there. I know how they operate.

This is my idea of government run amok. Why can't she make like Lady Bird Johnson and plant a tree or a shrub?  Or redecorate the White House like Jackie Kennedy. I am sure there is some paint peeling somewhere in the mansion. Or maybe she should make like Mamie Eisenhower and just go upstairs and have a little nip in the afternoon.

Why do First Ladies need a project anyway? Did anyone really believe Nancy Reagan cared about kids getting hooked on drugs or that Barbara Bush cared that much about literacy? She couldn't even get her own son to crack a  book.

The fact that Walmart is now the nation's largest grocer is the issue that really needs to be addressed. If she really wants to improve the quality of life in this country she would make sure the entire coutnry was being served by real grocery stores......like Aldis or 7-11.

In the meantime I propose that photographers only be allowed to take pictures of Michelle from behind. Until she tames that booty of hers she needs to bug out of my eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment