Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Golden Globes


She Saw it in the Window and Couldn't Resist

Catherine Zeta Jones looks great in green but I couldn't help recalling the old Carol Burnett Went With the Wind skit when I saw her. There was a matching jacket but she couldn't fit it in the limo...the curtain rod was too long.


Yes award season has begun giving all us little people the thing we dream of most; the opportunity to feel better about ourselves by seeing rich, beautiful people show up wearing expensive clothes we can't afford but wouldn't buy anyway. In an effort to make myself feel better about my 100% cotton wardrobe let's just run down (literally) a few looks from tonight's red carpet.

The guys always have it much easier than the women. As long as they wear a tux they really can't go wrong.


Jake Gyllenhaal reminds us why we love him.


What is this guy in? I want to see it.


Love you, Chris Colfer and congratulations on the win.


For once even Johnny Weir dressed like a man.......What? That's not Johnny. Well I hope he was watching. He could pick up a few pointers.


A few people just showed up looking pretty, leaving me nothing to snark about. She can't keep this up forever. We'll get you next time Glee girl, Diana Agron.

I have never understood Edie Falco's appeal. But I did pay good money to see her naked on Broadway. I think she was naked anyway. Stanley Tuccy was naked at the same time so I was a little preoccupied. No wonder, even in red she's a little boring.

Julia Stiles, honey I love you because you look like my daughter Emily so much but you are too young to play it safe by wearing black. Pick a color, any color!


I don't know who Katie Lee Golden is. I am not sure she was headed to the awards. The beach is a few blocks away. I think she was headed there. If you look closely you will see there is  a swimsuit under there.


My mother used to have a set of towels just like this. She got them free in laundry detergent.



At least Helena Bonham Carter knows she went out looking like this. I've gone to school a few days wearing two different shoes. As long as her co-star, Colin Firth wins I don't care what she looks like.



Beautiful dress but Scarlett Johansson's hair looks like shes auditioning for a remake of the Bride of Frankenstein.



Let's hope poor Julianne Moore is getting her clothes for free......



And speaking of free January Jones looks like she's about to give it away.

1 comment:

  1. More snarky pre-Joan comments please!! Everyone knows that's the best part of awards shows!

    ReplyDelete