Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just Have the Operation, Johnny!

I know I am supposed to like him but I can't take it any longer. Johnny Weir is fueling all the negative connotations of male figure skating by his constant need for attention.

I have always enjoyed the men's figure skating events over the women. Dorothy Hamill and Nancy Kerrigan were the last women that held my attention. The men just have so much power and athleticism on the ice with their huge jumps. You won't find Johnny concentrating on that. He's too busy trying to be noticed. Hello!!! You are out there alone center ice. Skate like a man!

He doesn't only give male figure skaters a bad name he gives gay men a bad name by feeding into all the stereotypes people have anyway. I think he makes life harder for gay men not to mention gay teens.

I am still an Evan fan. Go Evan! Love the ESPN body issue pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment