Friday, August 27, 2010

Would You Let Either of These Men Dress You?














I absolutely loathe, detest and generally just don’t like On the Road with Austin and Santino. I watched one full episode, got halfway through another and have boycotted the rest even though it follows my beloved Project Runway.



I have never been a fan of Santino. He may be talented (you won’t hear me saying that) but there is no way I would let a man who grooms (and I use that term loosely) and dresses himself the way Santino does give me advice on what to wear.


As a judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race he belittled my favorite contestant, Shannel to the point that she/he quit. (I never know how to refer to a drag queen. I wouldn’t want to offend them.)


Austin is worse in my book. He should just have the damn operation if he is going to act that feminine. I know this is politically incorrect but gay men like Austin don’t realize what a hard time they give the rest of us. On second thought having a sex change wouldn’t work for him. No woman in America is that prissy.


The whole premise of the show is to have these two clowns  bring culture to rural America. We are so lost without you, you condescending creeps.


I guess they think they are making the supreme sacrifice by journeying out to Middle America. At least once in each episode I watched Austin put on his drag and found a public place to parade where he was hoping to get reactions out of the locals. In one episode he went to a small town general store looking for fabric, knowing full well he would find none he could use. He pranced around the store for a while trying his best to get a rise out of the store owner and his son. To their great credit they just said nothing, showing more tolerance than Austin could ever dream of.


Aren’t city dwellers supposed to have more tolerance than us poor country bumpkins? They don’t show it in this monstrosity of a show.


Oh and the dresses I saw were not impressive at all. Nothing some poor rural girl couldn’t order offline even if she had to wait for dial up. It would be worth it not to have to put up with this patronizing pair.


(Note: The American Psychiatric Association previewed this post and found no sign of an underlying psychological disorder by it's author. Apparently there is no diagnosis for bitterness)

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you about Austin. He's the unfortunate stereotype of gay men everywhere. I've never thought that overly prissy gay men were attractive. If I wanted to be with a woman, I'd be with a woman!

    ReplyDelete