Monday, August 23, 2010

A Minor Miracle



A few weeks ago these flowers were terminal.

 I know very little about plants but I pulled out some shrubs from the front of my house a couple years ago.Since then I have tried to plant a few things where they had been.  Last year I bought some pots and planted some crotons that survived all summer. So this year I was bold enough  to plant some morning glories and wild flowers. I recently replaced the wild flowers with some mums (pray for them).

I also bought this pot of petunias. A few weeks ago about three fourths of them were wilted and brown. They were in such bad shape I figured I couldn't do them any damage so I pulled out all the brown. I had just a few strands of greeen and  a very few blooms left. I put them back in the spot they had been before they started turning brown...just a few feet away. Six weeks later they have come back to full glory.

Why does this matter? It doesn't. But this is my damn blog so I am telling you anyway. The point is this is the first plant in the history of the world that I have rescued. I am sure the planet is better off for it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on unleashing your inner farmer! And yes you did the right thing, obviously, by pulling out all the brown!

    ReplyDelete