Tuesday, August 24, 2010

'Tis the Season.....When the People of Southwestern IL are subjected to MO Political Ads

Before I begin this post just let me be clear about one thing: If you expect me to actually know what I am talking about you are in the wrong place. But then again if you wanted fact based information you would be watching the Daily Show.

I know very little about this guy.His name is Tommy Sowers and he is running for Congress in the 8th district of MO.  I am not in his district so I have no Constitutional obligation to know anything about him. But after seeing my first campaign commercial featuring him I would say we have a definite winner here!


The ad featured a pickup, a Bible and a gun. (I haven't seen such pure marketing genius since Carrie Underwood's first single included Jesus, a car and a baby) And it wasn't just any old Bible either. It was the one he took to Iraq. If that is not enough to win in Missouri I am sorely mistaken. I knew nothing about him but I was intrigued. Turns out he is a Democrat from Rolla.

 I wonder if he saw me in Annie a few years ago. But then with those elements in the ad he doesn't strike me as the musical theatre type. Still he is cute as the dickens (oh god I am talking like them now after only one commercial).

He is running against and incumbent so I am sure he is facing an uphill battle. Still it is  nice to see a Democrat with enough sense to appeal to Missourians' basic needs.

You will have to excuse me if I sound bitter. But I have at least ten weeks to go before I am no longer subjected to listening to political ads from MO. Nothing makes me prouder to be from IL  more  than seeing the political ads from Missouri. They don't call it the Show Me State for nothing. But hey! We did show you and you still put that Talent idiot in office a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment