Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Only Good Place for a Cat


Some crazy lady in England was recently caught on video throwing a cat into the garbage. But was she really crazy? Perhaps not.

I mean the only good place for a cat is in the trash. If they had their way that is where they would put us.

Judy and I had a kitten for about two weeks once. We were in college. Someone gave us a kitten. It destroyed our sofa when we were away. And if you know anything about young married couples living in trailers off campus you can imagine just how nice that sofa was. Still, we didn't want to have the cat declawed so we just took it out to Judy's grandma's house in the country where it lived very well and never paid any attention to us whatsoever when we visited.

Since that one experience (and why would I need any other) I have had no use for cats. They do what they please, when they please, where they please. Throwing them does no good. (I only suspect this is true). Their one purpose is to catch mice so I am grateful for the stray cats in the neighborhood.

I am sure she upset a lot of animal lovers. But what really upsets me are the people (PETA) that have more regard for animals than people.

No comments:

Post a Comment