Saturday, August 21, 2010

South Pacific

I may have to change my rule about revivals. When I get to NYC for a theatre trip revivals are rarely high on the list of the shows I want to see unless they have a big marquee name. (I did manage to escape seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones hack her way through Send in the Clowns in A Little Night Music however) But the PBS broadcast of South Pacific on Wednesday night made me wish I had made a concerted effort to see this show while it was playing.

Paulo Szot and Kelli O'Hara were amazing.

It brought back fond memories of directing the show for the Sparta Community Chorus many years ago.

The show is so well constructed. Rodgers and Hammerstein are so dependable. I tend to overlook them when choosing projects but this production reminded me of what geniuses they were.  Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment