Wednesday, June 1, 2011

When Did I Become My Grandmother?

My paternal grandmother could grow anything. When my mother talked of grandma's gardening abilities she always made her gift of growing things so mysterious that I assumed you had to have a special gift or you couldn't grow things so I never really tried until I pulled some shrubs out of the ground that were getting into my sewer pipe a couple of years ago and needed to replace them with something. The plants didn't die. It is amazing how little encouragement I need to become fixated on a new endeavor. Let's hope I don't start dabbling in nuclear fission.....we could all die very shortly.

I swear that the pack of Alyssum I bought had red pictures on the cover but I like purple much better anyway.
I can't take credit for this plant because I just bought it. I was growing impatient waiting for the plants I bought from seed to grow. The trouble with buying plants at the greenhouse is that the only thing you can really do for them is kill them. If they grow you really have very little to do with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment