Friday, June 10, 2011

Show People!



I am getting VERY excited about the cabaret revue I am directing next weekend. I hope hope hope it is well attended. Doing everything I can think of to publicize this event....signs, posters, newspaper articles, radio appearances.


I thought the cast looked great for the publicity stills we took last night.....Sharing here.




The striking, big voiced Jessica Kempfer is featured in the Hair and Promises Promises sections. I love listening to her! The handsome Robbie Jasper is singing both of Emile DeBeques solos, Some Enchanted Evenig and This Nearly Was Mine from South Pacific. And of course my incredibly talented daughter is doing a mash up of Stephen Sohdheim's Losing My Mind and You Could Drive a Person Crazy. Remember when we called mash ups medlelys?
I am really enjoying working with two people I haven't had the opportunity to work with before, Russ Ripperda and Heidi Morrison. Russ is featured in the Jersey Boys section and Heidi shows us her inner flower child when she opens the Hair segment with Aquarius. I thought Beverly DeAngelo had entered the the building when Heidi got her show drag on last night.





So glad to have chorus favorites Rich Wolter and Mary Niemeyer back with us. When Rich isn't busy hanging lights, stabilizing sets and procuring drummers for us he is busy rehearsing December '63 for the Jersey Boys sequence. Good friend Mary is going to delight the crowd with her renditions of On My Own from Les Mis and Defying Gravity from Wicked. I am green with envy!





So glad to have Erica Metheny with us. I love the selection she is doing from the critically acclaimed Off Broadway hit, The Last Five Years about every show person's worst nightmare; auditioning. Jeff Blair offers a beautiful rendition of Stars from Les Mis and joins the kids for Edelweiss. Erica Goodwin weaves her usual comic genius on Schedefruede from Avenue Q and one of my favorite new numbers, It's a Business from Cutains. I am so glad Cassie Jennings joined us this year. She is featured in the Promises Promises segment and performs Honey Bun  from South Pacific and may I just say she looks cute as a button doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment