Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How Lazy are you People?

I keep seeing advertisements for Digiorno Pizza with a batch of cookies in the same box. I ask you, "Just how lazy are you?" It is bad enough that people are too sluggish to cook for themselves. I get that. My freezer is full of frozen entrees.

When I do whip up a batch of something for myself from scratch I get so tired of eating it all week that I end up throwing a good portion of it away before I am done. Then I don't eat it again for so long I practically forget such recipe exists. But my heavens at least I haven't stopped visiting every aisle in the grocery store searching for prepared products (if you can call the market section of Walmart a grocery store.....You can't!)

I know we are a busy people. For the last two weeks while I was putting the finishing touches on Show People I ate out practically every meal. We are dependent on prepared foods to survive in a hectic world. But can't we at least work up enough inertia to pick our frozen pizza up in one aisle and walk a few steps to get our refrigerated cookie dough up in  another?

You have to burn up those calories somewhere. Watching the finals of American Idol isn't going to do it unless you get up off the sofa to yell at the judges. That isn't very likely now that Simon is out of the picture is it?

You will have to excuse me now I have to go get my pie out of the oven. See. I still bake.....as long as the Schwann's man keeps delivering frozen desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment