Wednesday, September 8, 2010

In Praise of Bristol Palin (and Levi)

When I began this blog I said that I had no intention of actually knowing what I was talking about. That thesis is probably no more applicable than in this entry but if Congress can pass laws they don’t read why should I do research?. I am way too busy. You don’t rack up over 500,000 points on Bejeweled Blitz without practice.



I protested loud and long when a certain mother was named to the cast of Dancing With the Stars last season. And although I wish the show didn’t have to result to such stunt casting I can’t help but root for Bristol Palin.


In my view this is a young girl who through no fault of her own got thrust into the national spotlight when her mother was plucked from relative obscurity to prop up John McCain’s presidential campaign.


I can imagine the discussion in the Palin household when Bristol was told that she and Levi were going to announce their engagement and sit in the stand s and look pretty for the national press at the convention. I would like to think that it was Sarah who nixed their recent reconciliation. But at least their latest breakup makes his upcoming tell all book more likely.


You can’t blame a girl for liking a little attention or wanting to get out of Wasilla. She seems like a pretty normal young lady to me. I would rather see Levi on Dancing with the Stars but I doubt he has much aptitude for ballroom dancing. He was at least able to grasp the concept of holding a strategically placed towel for Playgirl a few months back.


She has said that she hopes to wear the most modest outfits in Dancing with the Stars history. Why? That shipped sailed out of Wasilla Harbor on prom night or whatever evening it was she and Levi hit the back of the pickup.


The one thing I  dread seeing is Momma Palin sitting beaming beside the dance floor. If she is holding Trig I may have to fast forward through the proceedings. That confused look on his face when she is holding him has nothing to do with the fact he has Down’s syndrome. Any kid that age that never sees his mother would  wonder what he was doing in Tina Fey’s arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment