Monday, March 28, 2011

Why Don't the Repairmen They Send to my House Ever Look Like This?

A few weeks ago my internet connection became spotty. To their credit it was really the first time since Frontier bought my service from Verizon that I have had any trouble. When I finally got through to customer service I heard a message saying that if you lived in IL they knew there was a problem and they were working on it.

The problem reoccurred last week but this time they were unaware of any current wide ranging problems although I suspect it was from some kind of improvement they were trying to do on their system because the service would come and go every five minutes. Sometimes a couple of days would pass and I would have no interruption.

But I received an automated call from Frontier (Is there any other kind?) last week asking me to call them and set up an appointment which I did. After waiting nearly half an hour to talk to a real live person they finally set me up with a time slot so they could improve my service which was  working perfectly fine by that point, thank you very much.

I know that when they tell you to be home between the hours of one and five that you have no business expecting them till four forty-five unless you run out on a quick errand in which case they will show up the minute your car has left the driveway. By four p.m. no one had arrived and just to be testy I gave them a call.

Because of my inability to switch from one phone call to another on my cell phone I lost the first representative I talked to today but the second person I made contact with informed me that Frontier had in fact forgotten to tell the service men that they needed to be here today.

I was incredulous. "What?" I asked. "I have never heard of such a thing!" I lied....I was in fact not surprised at all. I just hope the Tony  Award nominating committee was listening in on that phone call. It is about time I got my due as an actor.

So now I get to sit at home again on Thursday afternoon waiting for the Frontier man. Let's just hope he looks a lot like Sully from Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman  or Michael Landon from Little House on the Prairie when he arrives but with my luck I will probably get someone more along the lines of Jeff Bridges in True Grit.

It isn't that I have anything to do on Thursday afternoon or most afternoons but when you are told you have to stay home it takes all the fun out of watching General Hospital. Ever since they relegated Monica to a minor role the show hasn't been worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment