Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why is She Promising to Go Away?

Oprah ended her reign over daytime TV with three, count them THREE farewell episodes the last of which surprise, surprise consisted of just her alone on stage. Gag! Gag! Gag! Gag! Gag!!!!! We should have known this is how it would end. Who else starts a magazine and puts herself on the cover every month? I wonder if her real name is Oprah? Wasn't it Narcissus?

Why is she making such big deal of leaving when she is getting her own damn channel?


I have to admit I actually watched OWN last weekend. I watched Becoming Chaz, the story of Chastity Bono's transition to becoming male. I thought it was fascinating. He really seems to be happy with his change. I am glad for him.

I do not plan on making a habit of watching OWN. I feel like I should be applauded for having the courage to live my life without seeking Oprah's ever present guidance, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment